Striped Icebox Cookies

My first attempt at striped icebox cookies! I like the concept of having cookies ready for baking, straight from the freezer. And when I saw Dalfour's strawberry jam on sale, I just knew what I had to do! Make strawberry jam stripe cookies, of course.

For cookies, the formula's simple. Just make a batter, and then work on making it look pretty through various other methods.



And here's the awesome jam. I liked that the ingredients lists started with strawberries, and didn't list any preservatives or added sugar (although they added concentrated grape juice!).




After cutting them out and baking them, you end up with striped cookies! The second time I made this, it turned out much better. The only change I made was boiling the jam to reduce it into a sticky paste, so that it didn't boil and ooze all over the foil when baked. This also kept the appearance of the cookie clean, and without the 'sticky glaze' look to it. 

0 comments: